Nov 1, 2010

Love in Mid Air by Kim Wright


Love in Mid Air
Author:  Kim Wright
Genre:  Literary Fiction
Publisher:  Grand Central Publishing
Date Released:  March 29th, 2010

From Goodreads

A chance encounter with a stranger in an airplane sends Elyse Bearden into an emotional tailspin. Suddenly, Elyse is willing to risk everything: her safe but stale marriage, her seemingly perfect life in an affluent Southern suburb, and her position in the church. As Elyse embarks on a risky affair, her longtime friend Kelly and the other women in their book club begin to question their own decisions about love, sex, marriage, and freedom. In the end it will take an extraordinary leap of faith for Elyse to find--and follow--her own path to happiness.



---------------------------




Love in Mid Air is a uniquely written book about a common situation. We’ve all read books about marriages stopping dead in it’s tracks, infidelity and mid life crisis, but Love in Mid Air has a different vibe.

I was impressed by the realness of the main character Elyse. Elyse is not the cookie cutter wife who is discarded for the token hot younger women, she is infact the one who wants, and dreams of a better relationship. I really felt for her, and understood her frustration with her husband, who could never really see her, nor hear her. When Elyse meets a man on a flight, she finds her self torn between doing what’s expected or what she wants. There is no combing over things in Love in Mid Air, Elyse really struggles with the thought of divorce, and how it will impact those in her life. At times I would get frusterated with her, because some of it seemed so selfish, but that is the part of me that is rooted with my belief of “for better or worse”. I can’t help it, I’m old fashion in my thinking of what all a marriage is.



There were quite a bit of female bonding in the book between Elyse and her close girl friends, but I never quite got off, or felt any closeness to those character, to me Elyse was the star of this novel, and everyone else faded into the background.



Love in Mid Air errupts all sorts of emotion from you as you read it. I’m surprised due to the topic that I didn’t hate Elyse, but really I just found her human. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a drama filled real look at a marriage that is drowning in emptiness.




Signature












No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!