A weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish
This week's top ten is
Top Ten Authors that Deserve More Recognition
1. Kyra Davis- Her Sophie Katz series is one of my favorites. Her characters are fun, and the writing is witty, and hilarious. I know when I pick up one of her books I'm going to be entertained. One of my all time funny favorite line comes from her book Passion, Betrayal and Killer Highlights..
"Let me make sure i'm interpreting this correctly. You cheated on your diet, gained a pound, and blame this on a self diagnosed thyroid condition"
2. Craig Lancaster- 600 Hours of Edward and The Summer Son are such great reads. I definitely think he deserves more recognition. He hasn't failed me yet.
3. Carol Goodman- Her books are such page turners. The Lake of Dead Languages and Arcadia Falls were excellent written books. I still have some of her books in my TBR that I haven't gotten to yet, but I know they will be awesome.
4. Paullina Simons- The Bronze Horseman is one of my all time favorite books. A epic story of survival and love.
5. Chelsea Cain- Writer of my favorite thriller series, the Gretchen Lowell series. I've yet to read The Night Season (bk 4) but I have read great reviews on it. Can't wait to read it. Gretchen Lowell is up there with Hannibal Lector.
6. Patti Callahan Henry- If you are looking for beach reads I highly recommend her, especially Driftwood Summer.
7. Melissa De La Cruz- With all the paranormal YA series out there, the Blue Bloods series is one of the best, IMO. I think she kind of gets lost in the shuffle, and she shouldn't.
8. Carlos Ruiz Zafon- I'm surprised how many people have never heard of him. Shadow of the Wind is one of my favorite books ever. Seriously if you haven't read it, you need to RUN to your nearest bookstore and get a copy.
9. Tom Perrota- He sure knows how to tell a story. A great writer.
10. Maeve Binchy- Circle of Friends is the only book I reread. I'm not a rereader but this book holds a special place in my heart. After reading it I quickly dived into her other works, and they have all been great reads. I blame her for my intense desire to go to Ireland.