May 4, 2011

Die For Me by Amy Plum


Die For Me
Author:  Amy Plum
Genre:  Paranormal YA
Publisher:  HarperTeen
 Publish Date:  May 10th 2011
Series: Revenants, bk 1


My life had always been blissfully, wonderfully normal. But it only took one moment to change everything.

Suddenly, my sister, Georgia, and I were orphans. We put our lives into storage and moved to Paris to live with my grandparents. And I knew my shattered heart, my shattered life, would never feel normal again. Then I met Vincent.

Mysterious, sexy, and unnervingly charming, Vincent Delacroix appeared out of nowhere and swept me off my feet. Just like that, I was in danger of losing my heart all over again. But I was ready to let it happen.
Of course, nothing is ever that easy. Because Vincent is no normal human. He has a terrifying destiny, one that puts his life at risk every day. He also has enemies . . . immortal, murderous enemies who are determined to destroy him and all of his kind.

While I'm fighting to piece together the remnants of my life, can I risk putting my heart—as well as my life and my family's—in jeopardy for a chance at love?



------------------------

With the release date fast approaching for Die For Me by Amy Plum the blogosphere has lit up with reviews. I've seen mostly reviews praising Die For Me, and a couple of reviews that weren't gushing about it. I will be gushing about it. 

I loved Die For Me.  I thought it was great storytelling for young adult fans.  I enjoyed the pace of the story.  It never felt like I was waiting for something to happen. I think it was because I liked the characters.  For a debut I think Ms. Plum did a outstanding job. Kate and Georgia's parents have died and they move to Paris to live with their grandparents.  Main protagonist Kate has withdrawn from friends back home and prefers a more quiet life than her outgoing sister.  Kate notices Vincent at a coffee shop, and from the there the story really begins.  I was slightly confused with the whole Revenants thing, but I as the story moves along I understood.  I loved the Revenants.  They are a close knit group and I thought they were fun characters.   

Though I loved Die For Me there were flaws.  I liked Kate but she did have the occasional brain fart.  If someone tells you to leave for safety reasons you leave.  This has almost become typical heroine behavior..why?  

Even with some flaws I flew through this book, and enjoyed it.  I would recommend Die For Me if you like paranormal YA books.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!