Jul 31, 2012

I've been thinking...
  • I want to change the name of my blog
  • I don't want to accept any more books for review
  • the book blogging drama is ridiculous
  • I'm so glad that I am not a part of it.
  • I have way too many books to read 
  • seeing stacks and stacks of books needing to be read is giving me anxiety
  • book blogging is no longer fun
  • should I shut down my blog 
  • or do I change it up and blog about whatever I want
  • including books
  • I can't believe I never experienced BEA while I was a book blogger
  • It's time to move on
  • but will I miss it eventually and come back with my tail between my legs
  • since I got rid of hundreds of my books, I feel less anxiety.  
  • Could I possibly be over my favorite past time (reading)
  • How come all the books I pick up aren't doing it for me.  (lol)
  • How come I can't write anything (I've resorted to bullets cause I can't write coherent sentences right now)
  • I've DNF'd more books than read this summer
  • I keep looking for that one special book that is going to get me out of my funk
  • This funk seems more serious than other funks. 
  • What is all this talk about copyrighted images.
  • Just another thing I don't need to be worrying about
  • I will always have the New York Times. :)
Am I closing down?  I don't know, but there won't be new posts up until I found out what I want to do.

Any advice would be awesome.  

9 comments:

  1. Gosh. if you are not feeling it, don't blog. I got rid of a ton of books because they too were making me anxious. I don't accept any books for review anymore except one every few months. I havent' seen a lot of the drama, but I do get bored with it at times.Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Michelle. I think I do really want to stop, but it feels so much like quitting. And honestly I think I could have done a way better job at it, and that kind of bothers me. I'm leaning more to just closing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've only recently came to know your blog but I've been blogging for four years and I've felt a lot of the same things you describe - I'm feeling some right now, in fact - I can totally understand the anxiety and the fact that reading starts to feel like work after a while.

    My advice would be to just take a step back, give yourself a break - and it's fine if you don't want to accept books for review anymore, it's your right, no one is paying you to do it - and maybe after a couple weeks - or more or whatever you need - think about changing the title and concept of your blog.

    I started reviewing books only but after about a year and a half I changed the name and decided to include movies and shows into the blog. It has been more fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been blogging for a while now and I've felt the same way that you're feeling now from time to time. Like Alex, I just recently found your blog and hope you don't go away forever but I'd totally still read your blog if you made it a everything under the sun kind of blog where you talk about books, TV and movies. That would be heaps of fun, I'd think.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't really have any advice because I've been feeling much of the very same lately. It's sort of sad that I don't even know if I want to be a part of the book blogging community any more. I don't know!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love reading your blog, but you should do what makes you happy. I rarely accept books for review through my blogging, and blog about whatever I want, whenever I want. It's inconsistent and I don't have a lot of followers, but I've made my blog what I want it to be. Perhaps you could do something like that. If you move elsewhere in the blogosphere, though, please let me know where! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wait, what book blogging drama? I'm confused, did I miss something?
    Or are you just talking about personal drama in general?

    I am so sorry you feel this way :-( I have always enjoyed your blog. But I will certainly respect any decision you make! You have to enjoy it or you shouldn't be doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you are really burnt out. I agree with the person who suggested taking a long break. I have received several e-mails just today from people who are quitting their blogs. Getting burnt out on reading is the worst! Think you need to do a variety of things so that you begin to feel balanced and recover your joy in life.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks everyone for sharing your experiences and thoughts about blogging burnout. What I hate the most about this burn out is that it's affecting my reading, more importantly, my love of reading. I will be taking everyone's advice and just take a long break. Looking forward to reading yall's (Texan, born and bred) reviews and recommendations.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!