Dec 12, 2012

Baby Be Mine by Paige Toon

Baby Be MineBaby Be Mine
Author:  Paige Toon
Publisher:  Simon and Schuster
Publication Date:  July 2011
Rating:  2 out of 5

From Goodreads:

'He's not mine, is he?'  That's the question I fear the most.  You see, I have a secret.  My son is not fathered by my boyfriend, but one of the most famous people that ever lived.  And he doesn't even know it.  One-time celebrity personal assistant to wild boy of rock Johnny Jefferson, Meg Stiles is not settled and living in the South of France with her doting boyfriend Christian and son Phoenix.  But they're living a lie - a lie that will turn their lives upside down and inside out.  Because Meg's son doesn't look like Christian, he looks like his rock star father and, sooner or later, the world is going to realize. 

------------------------

What the hell!  I am completely disappointed with Baby Be Mine, the continuation of Meg's story.  If you read my review on Johnny Be Good, you will know that I was super excited about finding out there was a sequel, and even better, I FREAKING had it.  I didn't even know it was sequel, anyways, I was jumping up and down excited.  Okay, so I begin Baby Be Mine and I am immediately like WTF, Meg did nothing but feel sorry for herself.  She was awful, she didn't deserve happiness, and on, and on, and on.  I was 'who the hell is this chick', cause it sure wasn't the Meg from Johnny Be Good.  But I continued, surely it was going to get better?  So the debbie downer slowly started cheering up, but then all of sudden she acted like 50 year women.  Meg is in her late twenties, but I felt like I was reading about a whole different person.  There weren't too many glimpses into the Meg I knew, she was all"Leave it to Beaver"(ed) out.  I know she's a mom now, but what the hell, she's also young.  Johnny was still the same Johnny, who I love...1 star for that!

The plot kept on getting interrupted with these repeated scenes from Johnny Be Good.  I started getting pissed...i've read the first book already, can we continue on with the 'now'.  It's sad, because I really was sooo excited to read Baby Be Mine, and I am so disappointed with it.  I feel bad for the people that had to wait 3 plus years to find out what happens with Johnny and Meg, and got this shit. I can say that the ending is satisfying.  1 star for that!  The epilogue definitely gives us an ending.

I didn't enjoy Baby Be Mine.  I do recommend you read Johnny Be Good, and I know that most likely you will want to read Baby Be Mine, and I say go for if only to get an ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!