I waited until the last possible moment to put up my end of the year wrap up, my husband's family is coming in from San Antonio, and once they get here it's going to be crazy in mi casa.
I read 98 books in 2010. Considerably less than last year, I blame that on some personal things that was and still is going on.
Here is the complete list of 2010 books read with the link to the review.
Out of the 98 books 56 were new to me authors or debut authors.
I completed two challenges: Chick Lit Challenge, and YA Challenge
Favorite reads this year:
As for resolutions, I have one and thats keep blogging FUN! By fun I mean stress free, and being more social to maximize blogging FUN!
As for reading in 2011 I've decided to NOT join in any challenges, and instead made little mini goals for myself. If I don't succeed..no biggie.
End of the Year Survey written up by The Perpetual Page Turner
1. Best Book of 2010- This is hard. The DUFF by Kody Keplinger was a favorite YA. I also loved Shanghai Girls by Lisa See, and The Lies We Told by Diane Chamberlain
2. Worst Book of 2010- I had quite a few DNF's this year. I guess it would have to be Crescendo. I couldn't even finish it.
3. Most Disappointing Book of 2010--I guess it would have to be Jumping Off Swings by Jo Knowles, and Cracked Up To Be by Courtney Summers. Both were okay but I expected more.
4. Most Surprising in a Good Way Book of 2010-- The Kite Runner. I had no intention of reading this one, but found it for a quarter at a consignment store so I said What the hell. Yeah, I loved it.
5. Book You Recommended to People Most in 2010- The Duff by Kody Keplinger, and The Hunger Games trilogy.
6. Best Series You Discovered in 2010- The Stephanie Plum Series. I finally read books 1 and 2 from this series. So far it's great.
7. Favorite New Authors you Discovered- John Green and Louise Murphy
8. Most Hilarious Read of 2010- Passion, Betrayal and Killer Highlights by Kyra Davis
9. Most thrilling Unputdownable Book of 2010- Oblivion Road by Alex McAulay
10. Book You Most Anticipated in 2010- I'm a huge Sex and the City fan, so it would have to be The Carrie Diaries
11. Favorite Cover of a Book You Read in 2010- Both by the same author, Leaving Paradise and Rules of Attraction by Simone Elkeles
12. Most Memorable Character in 2010- Both Bianca and Wes from The DUFF, and Amir from The Kite Runner
13. Most Beautifully Written Book in 2010- Sonata for Miriam by Linda Olsson
14. Book That Had The Greatest Impact on You in 2010- The Christmas Gift by R. William Bennett
15. Book You Can't Believe You Waited Until 2010 to Read- Match Me If You Can by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
Hope Everyone Has a Great, Safe and Happy New Years!