Dec 5, 2010

Sunday Salon



This week I had time to focus on book blogging and the book blogging community.  I did some stuff to my blog, plus thought a lot about what I want out of blogging.  First, I added a Contact Me button on the top right side.  I was trying to make it easier on anyone who wanted to email me, basically I'm saying emailing is encouraged here, infact I would totally be siked if anyone wanted to email to talk books.  Have I ever mentioned none of my friends or family read, and when I say no one I mean NO ONE.  I have no one to talk books too, but all you wonderful people online.  Thank You!!  Secondly, I added a twitter feed.  I've had a twitter account for awhile now, but never really used it, but i'll get into that in a little bit.  I also added intense debate, I know some people don't like it, but I was really wanting something that would make it easier for me to respond to comments.  I hope no one will be put off by the new comment system.  If you simply cannot stand intense debate, please let me know.  I have no problem taking it off, my main reason for blogging is to communicate with other obsessed bookies like me. ;)

As I mentioned I also did a lot of thinking about why I blog about books, and the book blogging community in general.  Blogging about books make me happy, period.  I haven't had so much fun doing something that's put a smile on a face than starting Coffee, Books and Laundry.  Reflecting I realize that though I love the community, I don't really feel like I'm a part of it.  Yes, I have a book blog, but I feel somewhat of a recluse in my little corner here, that is why I decided to get back on twitter.. I want to make friends!  It's kind of hard simply because though I have had my blog for over a year other than a few people I haven't made any friendships, and its kind of like being the new kid on the block.  I'm on the outside looking in. If anyone wants to be a follower just click on the follow me link above my twitter feed on the left, also leave your twitter name so I can follow!

BEA post are back on my google reader!  I really want to go, and my DH said if "there's a will, there's a way".  I have tons of questions, if anyone went last year and can give me a heads up please contact me.

Have a great Sunday, and week ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!