Feb 21, 2012

The Fine Art of Truth or Dare by Melissa Jensen


The Fine Art of Truth or Dare

The Fine Art of Truth or Dare
Author:  Melissa Jensen
Publisher:  Speak
Publication Date:  February 16th 2012


Ella is nearly invisible at the Willing School, and that's just fine by her.  Still, it's hard being a nobody and having a crush on the biggest somebody in the school;  Alex Bainbridge.  Especially when he is her French tutor, and lessons have started becoming, well, certainly more interesting than French ever has been before.

---------------

I have to start off by saying I love this book.  With the exception of one small tiny imperfection for me it was a damn good  great read.  

Ella is invisible, but that is how she likes it.  She's comfortable there, where she can hide her scar that is described as being quite large on her shoulder going up her neck and down toward her chest, she just hangs with her two best friends, Frankie and Sade. She's in love with the perfect speciman, Edward Willings, sadly he's dead and has been since 1917 ( I think that is the year, i'm being to lazy to go back and verify).  Yeah, she's crushing on a not really all that famous painter.  That's the kind of girl she is. :)  I love that about Ella, who says a dead guy is not off limits.  She also is crushing on unattainable Alex, who happens to be dating a true bitch.  Aren't they always?  Ella is so real and human.  She's insecure about her scar and her families lack of money.  And Alex will he isn't all that he seems.  In fact I was prepared for some guy that is somewhat awful to see the light and change , but he really is cool from the get go. They are perfect for each other.  The relationship between them is cute and one of a kind.  I truly truly find him crush worthy.  

My one small complaint is Ella's friends Frankie and Sade.  I liked them a lot, I wanted to know more about them.  But we only get little glimpses here and there.  I wanted to know what is Frankie's major problem with Alex, and why is Sade so insecure.  Frankie has a twin brother Daniel who makes a couple of appearances, and I even wanted to know more about him.  What gives!

The Fine Art of Truth or Dare is one of my favorite YA reads this year, so far. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!