Apr 22, 2013

Musing Mondays 4/22

20130121-115348.jpg
 

A weekly meme hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading.

Muse Mondays asks you to muse about one of the following each week...

  • Describe one of your reading habits.

  • Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else, and why you chose that/those book(s).

  • What book are you currently desperate to get your hands on?  Tell us about it!

  • Tell us what you're reading right now - what you think of it, so far; why you chose it; what you are(or, aren't) enjoying it.

  • Do you have a bookish rant?  Something about books or reading (or the industry) that gets your fire up? Share it with us!

  • Instead of the above questions, maybe you just want to ramble on about something else pertaining to books - let's hear it, then!

----------------------------------

The DinnerI'm currently reading The Dinner by Herman Koch.
I'm on page 62, right now i'm getting to know the characters.  Plot wise it has not moved forward, but i'm hoping with so much insight into the characters, I will be me more invested in the story. I knew from the get go that this was not a plot driven novel, and for me character driven novels are what my Favorites list consist most of.  When I start to emotionally connect with a character, that's it, its' a wrap, i'm in love with the book. Where i'm at in The Dinner i'm still learning about the characters and their quirks.  It still hasn't sucked me in.

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you - characters are key. Actually setting comes in second for me.

    Jenna

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!