Apr 5, 2011

Mini Reviews

Before I Fall

Before I fall
Author:  Lauren Oliver
Publisher:  HarperCollins
Date Published:  March 2nd 2010

Repetitive, but it is about a girl reliving her last day alive.  What did I expect?  Yes, there are slight variations, but it's the same person walking down the hall, the same party...  I just thought it was okay.  The highlight of Before I Fall is actually the main theme of the book, bullying, and treating people the way you want to be treated.  Reminded me of Groundhog Day.



--------------------


Beauty: A Retelling of the Story of Beauty and the Beast

Beauty: A Retelling of the story of Beauty and the Beast
Author:  Robin McKinley
Publisher:  HarperTrophy
Date Published:  May 28th 1993

It would be really hard not to have liked Beauty, since Beauty and the Beast is one of my favorite fairy tales.  Something about falling in love with someone because of their heart not what's on the surface.that gets me everytime.  I think Beauty is a wonderful and beautiful retelling of Beauty and the Beast.  This can be enjoyed by both adults and young adults. 

2 comments:

Thanks for commenting!