Apr 10, 2011

Sunday Salon (Readathon Edition)


The read-a-thon didn't go so great for me this time away.  I only finished one book,  Firefly Lane.  I tried to get into another book, but I was just done with it.  My husband started nights this week, so we haven't really spent any time with each other. I subbed all week at the elementary school, when I was getting home he was leaving.  He got home at midnight last night and we basically caught up on each others weeks, and there went my reading. 

The great news is that I found a new author.  Kristin Hannah is amazing.  I was sobbing by the end of Firefly Lane..lame, I know.  I'm so glad I finally picked it up.  I have another one of hers in my TBR, I can't remember the title, but I know it has Winter in it.  Are all her books so emotionally exhausting?

I start another week of subbing tomorrow, so not to much reading for me this upcoming week.  

Hope everyone has a great week.

2 comments:

  1. It's definitely not lame to be sobbing at the end of a Kristin Hannah book. And yes, all of her books are emotionally exhausting. I have read On Mystic Lake, Between Sisters, The Things We Do for Love, True Colors, and Winter Garden. They were all 5 star reads for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think they're all quite as emotional, but I did sob at the end of Magic Hour. And Winter Garden too I guess LOL. But Winter Garden, I didn't like the first half but if that happens keep pushing through because it ends up being sooo good!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!