Jun 24, 2011

Mini Reviews and a DNF

Mini Reviews


The Girl Who Would Speak for the Dead


The Girl Who Would Speak for the Dead by Paul Elwork

The Girl Who Would Speak for the Dead is about lies, and deceiving.  Characters were good, but the pacing was slow.  It took me awhile to finish because I was constantly putting it down.  There were far more slow parts than engrossing.


Going Too Far

Going Too Far by Jennifer Echols

Going Too Far was almost a DNF for me but I kept on.  What really didn't work for me were the characters.    I can't stand goody two shoes characters, or I-make-stupid-decision-because-I'm-a-rebel characters.  I really could not stand the main protagonist.  I spent most of my time rolling my eyes.  I'm in the minority here because it has a really high rating on Goodreads.


The Lonely Hearts Club

The Lonely Hearts Club by Elizabeth Eulberg

What happens when your fed up with the opposite sex, in The Lonely Hearts Club you swear off boys and start a club.  I enjoyed  this book, predictable but cute.  I found myself smiling while reading it, but I did think find it hard to believe a bit.  I can't see a club like this getting as much attention as it did in high school.  Easy fluffy read.


Summer in the City

Summer in the City by Elizabeth Chandler

Summer in the City is another predictable cute story.  I liked the characters especially Jamie. She was athletic, and tired of being just one of the guys.  I liked the relationships.  Nothing spectacular, but a good book.



and a DNF


Crusade (Crusade, #1)


Crusade by Nancy Holder and Debbie Viguie

Story wise I have no idea if Crusade is a great or even good book.  I couldn't get that far.  So what was it about Crusade that made it a DNF?  The characters.  I immediately disliked them all.  I found  Antonio cheesy and Jenn annoying. As for the others they also grated on my nerves.  I might be missing something spectacular but I just don't care.







1 comment:

  1. i always liked jennifer echols books, too bad it didn't work for you.

    just wanted to say thanks for stopping by my blog and entering the contest!
    i'm a new follower

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!