Sep 10, 2011

Book Review: Little Women and Me by Lauren Baratz-Logsted


Little Women and Me

Little Women and Me
Author:  Lauren Baratz- Logsted
Publisher:  Bloomsbury Publishing
Expected Publication Date:  November 8th 2011

From Goodreads:

Emily is sick and tired of being a middle sister. So when she gets an assignment to describe what she'd change about a classic novel, Emily pounces on Little Women. After all, if she can't change things in her own family, maybe she can bring a little justice to the March sisters. (Kill off Beth? Have cute Laurie wind up with Amy instead of Jo? What was Louisa May Alcott thinking?!) But when Emily gets mysteriously transported into the world of the book, she discovers that righting fictional wrongs won't be easy. And after being immersed in a time and place so different from her own, it may be Emily-not the four March sisters-who undergoes the most surprising change of all. Lauren Baratz-Logsted's winning confection will appeal to fans of Little Women as well as anyone who enjoys a modern twist on an old favorite.


I have never read Little Women, but I had seen the movie.  I had some complaints with the movie and how things ended not so with Little Women and Me.  The ending was satisfying, but it was just okay for me. 

The beginning of Little Women and Me is a little too slow for me.  I put it down several times but once I got past the slow start it picked up, just not enough, and though I did like the ending I am not a huge fan of the book.  I just wasn't feeling Emily.  Something about her was annoying, and to be honest I really didn't love any of the characters.  Some were alright, and others I downright didn't like at all.  

If you are a fan of Little Women I think you would enjoy Little Women and Me, if not you might find it a bit tedious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!