Nov 16, 2012

As I Wake by Elizabeth Scott

As I Wake
As I WakeAuthor:  Elizabeth Scott
Publisher:  Dutton Juvenile
Date Published:  September 15th 2011
Rating: 2.5 out of 5

From Goodreads:

Ava is welcomed home from the hospital by a doting mother, lively friends, and a crush finally beginning to show interest.  There's only one problem:  Ava can't remember any of them - and can't shake the eerie feeling that she's not who they say she is. 

Ava struggles to break through her amnesiac haze as she goes through the motions of high-school life, but the memories that surfaced take place in a very different world, where Ava and familiar-faced friends are under constant scrutiny and no once can be trusted.  Ava doesn't know what to make of these visions, or of the boy who is at the center of them all, until he reappears in her life and offers answers...but only in exchange for her trust.

------------------------

As I Wake is a confusing read, but it still draws you in.  Problem is in the end you are still left with unanswered questions. The writing has a repetitive feel to it, and at first it's frustrating but after awhile I got use to it.  It's a very quick read at a little over 250 pages, it just left me thinking WTF in the end.  I'm a fan of Elizabeth Scott's writing, sadly I just didn't enjoy this one.  It's basically about parallel worlds.  Interesting concept, just not executed very well, I think.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!