Nov 14, 2010

Sunday Salon


Hope everyone is having a great Sunday!
My numbers have dropped...my reading numbers, that is.  This year I've noticed instead of reading 5-6 books a week, I'm reading 1 maybe 2.  I was on a good roll at the start of January, but as I mentioned before, something disrupted my life for the worse in late Jan. and after that my life went on a downward spiral.  It is slowly getting better but i've notice my reading has changed.  I joined the 100+ Reading Challenge this year, and my goal was 210 books, which was totally doable for me pre life changing ordeal, but i'm currently at 83 books.  Um, yeah...not gonna make it.  There are a couple of other challenges I signed up for that I'm not going to complete, but I did complete the Chick Lit Challenge.  YEAH!!  I'm kinda debating whether I should join any for next year.  We'll see..

As for this week in reading, I completed The Transformation of Things by Jillian Cantor.  I really enjoyed it, and finished it in two days.  I'm currently reading Jane by April Lindner.  I'm really liking it so far, surprisingly I've never read Jane Eyre, but will probably be putting it in my list of classics I really want to read before I say goodbye to this life.  Not quite sure what I will pick up next, but I do know before November is out I will be reading The Christmas Gift by R. William Bennett.  I really want to get the review out by the last week of November.

Have a great Sunday, and week ahead!

1 comment:

  1. I think you are doing great! 83 is still very good. I'm only at 61 and I took the 100 challenge too. I thought I would be way farther. Oh well.
    Take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!