Oct 12, 2009

Dewey's 24 Hr. Read-a-thon (October)


This will be my first Read-A-Thon I've been in, and I'm so excited. I'm thinking it's going to be tons of fun. I've been going through my books to get a reading list figured out. How many books does one get through during these? I've been reading that it's best to go with short books, because it could get tedious.

Right now my reading list is




YA-
Good Girls- Laura Ruby
The Smile- Donna Jo Napoli
Sucks to Be Me- Kimberly Pauley
Blue Moon- Alyson Noel
Entrapment: A High School Comedy in Chat- Michael Spooner

Non-Fiction/Memoir
Queen of the Road: The True Tale of 47 States, 22,000 Miles, 200 Shoes, 2 Cats, 1 Poodle, a Husband, and a Bus with a Will of it's Own


Fiction-
Jane Austen Ruined My Life- Beth Pattillo
After You'd Gone- Maggie O'Farrell
Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy- Douglas Adams

4 comments:

  1. OK - this book looks GREAT! "Queen of the Road: The True Tale of 47 States, 22,000 Miles, 200 Shoes, 2 Cats, 1 Poodle, a Husband, and a Bus with a Will of it's Own"
    I will have to add that to my TBR list. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a great choice for the read-a-thon. It's a thick book but it goes by so fast you don't even notice.Good luck and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both the Austen spin off and the Adams book will be perfect for the readathon. I love the title of Queen of the Road!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's my first time too and I can't wait to get started. Good luck this weekend. I love your book choices!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!