Oct 28, 2009

YA Mini Reviews

Entr@pment: A High School Comedy in Chat

Entrapment: A High School Comedy in Chat- Michael Spooner

Entrapment written in all chat and IM, was a very quick read. In the beginning it was hard to follow because you had to remember who was who with the chat names, but once you got the hang of that, it was easy. If you're not familiar with the chat lingo, you also might have a hard time following. I had to ask my daughter a couple times what something meant. As for the story, Entrapment, is a good title, because that is exactly what the girls did to there boyfriends.
It was a okay read, but nothing to rave about.

Rating: 2.5/3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Good Girls

Good Girls- Laura Ruby

Good Girls is a very well-written, engaging YA book. It was a candid look at the double standards between boys and girls, when it comes to sex. The book is about a adult subject, and the language can be vulgar. Sadly, I think this is a accurate potrayal of what it is like to be a teenager in this day. I highly recommend you give this one a read.

Rating: 4/5

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


The Smile

The Smile- Donna Jo Napoli

I wasn't very impressed with this one. It has so many good reviews, but I was actually pretty bored. The first half never went anywhere, and by the time the second half starts moving, I had already checked out. I thought it would be interesting to read a fiction novel about the real Mona Lisa, and when I read in the description about love, and love lost, I thought I was going to be swept away by a love story. I wasn't.

Rating: 2/5

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging: Confessions of Georgia Nicolson (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson Book 1)

Angus, Thongs, and Full-Frontall Snogging- Louise Rennison

I thought this book was hilarious, laugh out loud hilarious. Georgia is a character in the biggest sense. She's feisty, funny, and bratty. I'm looking forward to reading more. If you're looking for a good YA series, pick this one up.

Rating- 4/5

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For full description of the book click on the cover. It will take you to Amazon.

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting!