Oct 26, 2009

Review of Hold Tight- Harlan Coben


Hold Tight- Harlan Coben


From the publisher-

Mike and Tia Baye decide to spy on their son Adam, who has become moody and withdrawn since his friend’s suicide. The software they install on his computer exposes every website visited, every e-mail and instant message sent or received. But each keystroke draws them deeper into a maze of mayhem and violence that could destroy them all.

Hold Tight is another awesome book by Harlan Coben. I never set out to read his books, but when I do, I can't stop until I've reached the end.

This book is a suspense/mystery/thriller that really has all the elements. Throughout the book we are asking ourselves, who done it, what's going on, and holding are breath to see what's coming next.

As a parent I was frightened with this book. It ask the old question, " do parents really know what there kids are doing?". I don't want to give anything away, so I won't say much, but there is a couple of things going on in the book, that will all make sense at the end.

Harlan Coben's writing is easy to read, and the movement of the story is quick and purposeful, to get the climatic ending. As I mentioned before, I really don't like fillers, and Mr. Coben rarely has, or needs them. He sets his "stage" in the first couple of pages, and that is why you shouldn't start one of his books, unless you know you have plenty of time to spend finishing it.

Hold Tight is a disturbing book to read, especially if your a parent, but it's so good. I recommend you give this one a go.

Rating- 4/5

2 comments:

  1. Harlan Coben rocks! He does the same thing to me. I never seek him out but when I get a book of his in my hands, time suckage begins!

    Tell No One was my fav.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a parent of a teen- this will probably freak me out; although that's not a bad idea, capturing every keystroke. Parental controls to the nth power.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!