Oct 22, 2009

Throwback Thursday





Throwback Thursday is a weekly event hosted by Jenny of Take Me Away.

"It is the time each week to recognize those older books… an older book you’ve always wanted to read, or one that you have read and love; maybe one from your childhood; or review an older book -- how about even a classic!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~





Where the Sidewalk Ends



From the Publisher:




If you are a dreamer, come in,
If you are a dreamer,
A wisher, a liar,
A hope-er, a pray-er,
A magic bean buyer …



Come in … for where the sidewalk ends, Shel Silverstein’s world begins. You’ll meet a boy who turns into a TV set, and a girl who eats a whale. The Unicorn and the Bloath live there, and so does Sarah Cynthia Sylvia Stout who will not take the garbage out. It is a place where you wash your shadow and plant diamond gardens, a place where shoes fly, sisters are auctioned off, and crocodiles go to the dentist.

Shel Silverstein’s masterful collection of poems and drawings is at once outrageously funny and profound.



I loved this book when I was a kid. I remembered I would check it out from the school library over and over again. It was loved by many kids, I remember the book was falling apart.



3 comments:

  1. Grat choice! I have such fond memories of Shel Silverstein's books. My favorites are the Missing Piece and The Missing Piece Meets the Big O.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has always been one of my favorites! I really need to start reading it to my boys now that they're old enough!

    I have an award for you:

    http://thetruebookaddict.blogspot.com/2009/10/awards-part-one.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book brings back many memories for me! I still have it sitting on my shelf and wouldn't dream of parting with it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!