Aug 13, 2009

Throwback Thursday



Throwback Thursday is a weekly event hosted by Jenny of Take Me Away.

"It is the time each week to recognize those older books… an older book you’ve always wanted to read, or one that you have read and love; maybe one from your childhood; or review an older book -- how about even a classic!"




My Throwback Thursday pick for this week is Circle of Friends by Maeve Binchy. This one is a favorite of mine. I remember reading it as a Freshman in High School, and staying home all weekend to read it. This book is one of the few books I do go back and read at least once a year, it brings me back to my teenage self, when I had no worries. Ahh, bliss. Like my pick before, this book has also been made into a movie.


From Goodreads- It began with Benny Hogan and Eve Malone, growing up, inseparable, in the village of Knockglen. Benny--the only child, yearning to break free from her adoring parents...Eve--the orphaned offspring of a convent handyman and a rebellious blueblood, abandoned by her mother's wealthy family to be raised by nuns. Eve and Benny--they knew the sins and secrets behind every villager's lace curtains...except their own.

It widened at Dublin, at the university where Benny and Eve met beautiful Nan Mahlon and Jack Foley, a doctor's handsome son. But heartbreak and betrayal would bring the worlds of Knockglen and Dublin into explosive collision.

What's your Throwback Thursday pick?

1 comment:

  1. Aw, I love Maeve Binchy's books! I haven't read this one yet. I've read 3 so far: Evening Class, Tara Road, and Heart and Soul.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!