Jan 4, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday


A weekly meme hosted at The Broke and the Bookish



This will be the first I ever participate in this meme, but I really enjoy reading what everyone's top ten is so I figure why not join in.


This week's top ten is

Top Ten Books I Resolve to Read in 2011

1.  The Book Thief- Markus Zusak
Heard so many great things about this one, and yet I still don't pick it up.  What the hell is wrong with me?

2.  Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand
After finishing and loving Fountainhead I really wanted to dive into Atlas Shrugged, but honestly the size is daunting.  I know though that it will be worth it..I hope.

3.  Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling
Yeah, I still haven't read this one.  Kody Keplinger told me in an author chat that I MUST read this.  She was the gazillion person to tell me this, so finally I will read this.  I promise!!!

4.  A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith
I've always wanted to read this, and one of my favorite bloggers, Jenny at Take Me Away loved it.  We have similiar taste, so I'm excited about this one.

5.  Vampire Academy- Richelle Mead
I wanna see what the hype is about.

6.  Madame Bovary- Gustave Flaubert
Ever since reading one of my favorite books, Little Children, this has been on my must read list.

7.  The History of Love by Nicole Krauss
It's been in my TBR forever getting passed over and over for years.  It's your time...it's your time.

8.  The Angel's Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafon
Shadow of the Wind is my favorite book, I can't believe I haven't read this yet.  Sorry, Mr. Zafon.  I'm getting on it though.

9.  The Forgotten Garden- Kate Morton
Again i've heard good things, kept meaning to pick it up all of 2010.

10.  The Jessica Darling Series- Megan McCafferty
Loved book 1 and 2.  Why the hell have I not finished up this series?





1 comment:

  1. You have some great books on this list! Some that I really want to read and some that I have loved as well! Have a great 2011

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!