Sep 8, 2009

Douglas Adam Hitchhiker's Challenge







Douglas Adam's Hitchhiker's Challenge




I've had all five books to the Hitchhiker's Guide trilogy, and have been meaning to get to them for about 2 years now. I decided the only way I can get myself to pull them out of my TBR shelf is set a challenge. I'm challenging myself to get through all 5 books by February 28th. It shouldn't be hard, the books are relatively small, and plus I've heard great things about the trilogy.


Books in the trilogy:
1. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Review
2. The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
3. Life, the Universe, and Everything
4. So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
5. Mostly Harmless

Ending date for challenge:
February 28th, 2010
Feel free to join me!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Melissa! I'll be doing the exact same thing. In fact, I just set up a site (http://www.hitchhikermarathon.com/) for a big group read of all five books starting October 12, 2009, the 30th anniversary of the first book.

    We'll be reading roughly 50 pages each week, so that should get us through the series in early February.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Gavin, i'm going to check out your site right now. 30th Anniversary..WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know! I can hardly believe it. And it's held up remarkably well, too! I think it's certainly safe to refer to it as a classic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!
    Good luck with your challenge. I did to do this with a series I haven't read yet. Thanks for the idea. Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great day!

    Sherrie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just found this page on Google and I wonder if you finished the books.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!