Mar 16, 2011

Audrey, Wait by Robin Benway


Audrey, Wait
Author:  Robin Benway
Genre:  Young Adult
Publisher:  Razorbill
Date Published:  April 10th 2008

From Goodreads

When her ex writes a break-up song about her that rockets up the charts, Audrey is suddenly famous--she can't go out without being mobbed by fans and paparazzi. Readers can take a wild ride with Audrey as she makes headlines, confronts her ex on MTV, and shows the world who she really is. This irresistible, fast-paced novel has a totally hot new paperback cover! Its the song everyones singing. And its about her! But for Audrey, becoming famous overnight equals total, life-changing disaster. .

------------------

These are the reviews I dread writing and posting, but I must stay true to my opinions.
Audrey, Wait almost became a DNF for me, but I pushed through, and in the end I should have just quit when I wanted to.


I can’t really pinpoint what really didn’t work for me other than I was bored. Also, I didn’t understand what the big deal was. Someone wrote a song about you, and you become famous. Yeah, the song is not flattering but still you mattered enough to that person that they wrote a song about you. You will forever live in infamy…again what’s the big deal?

I always thought all I needed was a good plot driven book and I'd be happy, but I'm starting to realize more and more that if I don't like or can't understand the main character it just isn't going to be great for me. The plot was different, but her reaction to the song and everything that came with it just grated on me.
I guess it just wasn't for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!