Mar 16, 2011

One Day by David Nicholls


One Day
Author:  David Nicholls
Genre:  Fiction
Publisher:  Hodder and Stoughton
Date Published:  June 11th 2009

From Goodreads

Emma and Dexter meet for the first time on the night of their graduation. Tomorrow they must go their separate ways. So where will they be on this one day next year? And the year after that? And every year that follows? Twenty years, two people, ONE DAY.

-------------

“Twenty years, two people, ONE DAY”


I feel in love with this book.

So much goes on between Dexter and Emma. The sexual tension was there, friendship, unrequited love, and so much more. I loved every minute of One Day. One Day follows the lives of Dexter and Emma throughout their twenty year friendship, same day, different year. What a great concept, and it worked brilliantly.

What exactly was it that made me devour this book in one sitting? I believe it was Dexter and Emma. I enjoyed them, I laughed with them, I cried with them, I got mad at them…they were my friends. David Nicholls thought hard about what he wanted Dexter and Emma to be. They were well drawn out characters, you grew comfortable with them. You root for them you even want to yell at them.

One Day is heart wrenching, it’s beautiful, it’s even freaking poetic to me.


Did you know that there is a movie coming out in July of this year of One Day.  Emma will be played by Anne Hathaway, and Dexter will be played by Jim Sturgess.  I can't wait!!





One Day Photo/ copyrighted Focus Features


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!