Mar 30, 2011

Mini Reviews

The Romantics

The Romantic
Author:  Galt Niederhoffer

To say that The Romantics was a huge disappointment is an understatement.  I was expecting the cattiness, but I was also expecting friendship, a closeness between these group of friends.  I kept on reading thinking why are these people friends in the first place if they can’t stand each other.  I thought it was disjointed, and boring. I heard The Romantics was made into a movie. Has anyone seen it?  Maybe it translates better on film.


------------


Invincible Summer

Invincible Summer
Author:  Hannah Moskowitz

Invincible Summer is a lot more than intense than I expected.  Don't expect a nice fluffy beach read.  It's a story about family, first crushes, and disappointment.  I thought the writing was crisp, but the story was lacking a little for me.  I enjoyed the read, but wasn't wowed by it. 

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting!