Dec 2, 2010

The Christmas Gift by R. William Bennett


The Christmas Gift
Author:  R. William Bennett
Publisher:  Burgess Adams
Date Published:  September 1st 2010


I literally sobbed my eyes out with The Christmas Gift. At 152 pages this Christmas book gives a whopper of a punch right to your emotions. It’s a really quick read but the story stays with you long after you read it.


The Christmas Gift is about two 6th grade boys that find an unlikely friendship after learning the gift of forgiveness, compassion, and understanding. Scott’s family moves around a lot, when he arrives at his new school he has a unfortunate incident with the school bully Ben in the lunch line, after that he becomes a target of Ben’s. Things come head to head one day when during lunch Scott sticks up for himself, but what happens after that is a story that will touch your heart, seriously. I need to discuss this book with someone so I started reading bits and pieces of it to my husband, and was completely choked. Imagine reading something out loud with a lump in your throat…that was me. This book is one that I will pass on to my kids to read, and my nephews, because I really think they will be able to gain something good, and really think about others.

I absolutely loved The Christmas Gift, it was truly a gift..lol! I highly recommend this one for adults, and kids of all ages.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!