Dec 17, 2010

Mini Reviews

Bright Lights, Big Ass: A Self-Indulgent, Surly, Ex-Sorority Girl's Guide to Why it Often Sucks in the City, or Who are These Idiots and Why Do They All Live Next Door to Me?

Bright Lights, Big Ass by Jen Lancaster

 I heard so many promising things about Bright Lights, Big Ass, I was expecting so many laugh out loud moments.   There were some super funny moments, but the majority was just blah to me. There were dashes of greatness but it just fell short for me.  I enjoyed Pretty in Plaid more.


Gimme a Call

Gimme a Call by Sarah Mlynowski

I read Gimme a Call in a two day period, the story was creative, and the writing was good, not surprising considering that i'm a huge Sarah Mlynowski fan.  Gimme a Call took me on a fun, enjoyable ride. 



Geek Abroad (Geek High, #2)

Geek Abroad by Piper Banks

Geek Abroad is the sequel to Geek High, it's been awhile since reading book 1, but I quickly remembered the characters and story and got lost in Geek Abroad.  This time around Miranda is heading off to London to visit her mom.  Really fun and great series.  You can't help but love Miranda, she really is a great character.



Just Like Me, Only Better

Just Like Me, Only Better by Carol Snow

I wanted to get my hands on this as soon as the reviews started coming out, I was not disappointed.  Just Like Me, Only Better is not really a realistic story, but that was part of the charm.  Sometimes we all need a little fantasy, and this one was perfect for the females.  Who doesn't want to mingle with the rich, famous and hot? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!