Dec 20, 2010

More Mini Reviews

O, Juliet

O' Juliet by Robin Maxwell

This year I seem to have been on a Romeo and Juliet kick.   I was impressed with the story that Ms. Maxwell wrote.    There truly is something fascinating about Romeo and Juliet’s story.  The story captivated me and kept me reading, but some things irked me like sometimes the writing didn’t seem to fit with the time period, and that kind of jolted me out of tale.  Overall, I’m glad I read it.


You Had Me At Halo

You Had Me at Halo by Amanda Ashby

You Had Me at Halo is a funny is a cute read.  Vince and Holly had some funny and witty dialogue going on, plus they are some great characters.  At times I felt the pace slow down, and I would put it down, but I found out if you just push through those small parts, and they are small, the book is worth it.  This is the first Amanda Ashby book I’ve read, looking forward to reading more.

A Note From An Old Acquaintance

A Note from an Old Aquaintance by Bill Walker

I wasn’t really a fan of this book like so many others out there.  I just couldn’t get into the characters, nor the subject.  It was vanilla, and I guess I was looking for more.  I didn’t like the female protagonist, and the male lead character was irritating.  I wanted to know more about his wife (dead) that supposedly he loved, but all I kept reading about was the true love of his life.  Irritating!


Sorry for the different fonts.  I type my reviews on word, and while i'm thinking I tend to miss with fonts, and size.  This is what happens when you copy and paste, don't really want to retype again. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!